Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Abstinence

As the it was inserted, beads of perspiration began to gather around his temple. His eyes widen, in as much of excitement as well as the anticipation of pain. However the pain was only at the point of initial penetration. The degree of pain in which the insertion was done was beyond what he has expected and mentally prepaid for...in the 4 -5 minutes he had after he was told that it was to happen anyway.

If he could be so bold, he might even suggest that the sensation was liken to the excitement a child has with a new toy. But that was just him. He was twisted in that manner.

Two vials of blood was taken without much effort at all. The blood pretty much just flowed out.

So yeah, that was his first blood extraction for testing.
_________________________________________________________

Anyhoo, seems like I won't be able to take alcohol for the next 6 months. As it will effect the medication I have to take, for the same period. 3 Tablets a day and resupply every month. This is so tedious.

Ok ok, i know, that was a bit of "no head, no tail" (bo tau, bo boi).

Long story short, some irresponsible person, whom I hold to be deficient in human sensibility, acuteness of feeling, and consideration came to attend his or her (no sexual discrimination here) lecture or tutorial while being severely sick. And lo and behold, the "basket" spreaded his TB (Tuberculosis) to almost everyone in the Curtin Business School building.

And thus yours truly is affected as well.

Now, I do not have TB, the active and contagious one anyway, but I do have 10% chance of it infecting me in the future. Thus PREVENTIVE medication is introduced. Side effect includes, headaches, skin rash, stomach aches and of course, chemical induced hepatitis. Of course, I've been ensured that this is only in minor and extremely remote cases which a person of my age should, imperative word being 'should', not encounter.

And alas, with the intake of the medication, I am not allowed to even have a drop of alcohol. Until I've finish my medication.

Ok, time to go...I'm in uni...no internet at home. Shall go home and meditate to mentally prepare myself for my next blood test in 2 weeks time to see what the medication will have done to my livers after 2 weeks.

Au revoir. (Oh yeah, my apologies for the over-dramatisation)

No comments: